My Blog List

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

vicious cycle

Oh me, oh my. I've got so many projects started I'm not even sure where to begin resume. I do this all the time, even with cleaning. I get distracted  in the middle of doing something important and like a tractor beam, I'm hooked! And then I get distracted from that, and so on and so on...

Project 1- I am sanding and painting 3 big pieces for the girls: their bunkbeds, dresser and book shelf. We have gone years and years with white walls due to renting  so I told them we could do whatever we want with their furniture because it's all hand-me-down-mis-matched-hodge-podge. (Thank the Lord we're only doing furniture because it took long enough to decide on a color scheme..I can't imagine what it will be like when we finally buy a house. Ugh.)

Project 2- I have a ginormous chest that was my great grandma's that needs much attention. Every time I go into the garage I look at it and tell it (yes, I talk to inanimate objects..get over it), "Someday you'll be beautiful again," and I really mean it.  I started  that project years ago and I'm not quite sure when I'll get back to it. *sad face* 

Project 3- There are boxes upon boxes of pictures that are in no particular order that desperately need to be sorted. The problem is, whenever I sit down to go through them I get lost in memories. Not that there's anything wrong with that but ya know, I'd like to get something accomplished this century. Geesh.

That's a drop in the bucket but you see what I'm dealing with here and uh..I'm what I'm workin with. :/ I will be back with a pictorial progress report, especially the furniture painting- that one scares me & I need opinions!! Right now I need to get back to the half-mopped kitchen, the laundry that I washed yesterday last week and has yet to be folded and put away, and all the other unfinished chores that I'd rather not mention.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! You're stressing me out with all those unfinished projects! Do you need me to come crack a whip and help??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not cringe, per se, just.....mentally start making a list! ha!

    ReplyDelete